Schmidt Vocal Arts is proud to announce brand-new programming for our alumni – summer vocal study grants!
Schmidt Vocal Arts recognizes that an integral part of vocal study is participation in summer study programs, whether abroad or in the USA. Many of these programs put a substantial burden on singers and their families and Schmidt Vocal Arts would like to help our alumni succeed by providing financial support to enroll in these summer study opportunities.
Schmidt Vocal Arts will provide five (5) grants for summer study, up to $2,000 per person. Grants will be awarded on merit/talent, with a priority towards singers who demonstrate financial need.
Merit/talent considerations include:
- Vocal development since participation in Schmidt Vocal Arts program
- Beauty of voice
- Vocal technique
- Career potential
Singers will only be eligible to receive two (2) summer study grants over his/her/their career.
- Tuition for summer vocal study or education opportunity
- Housing/living expenses for summer vocal study opportunity
- Travel for summer vocal study opportunity
When possible, the grant monies will be distributed directly to the participating summer program. If the money is reimbursement for travel, receipts must be provided to Schmidt Vocal Arts before reimbursement money is distributed.
Requirements to apply:
- Singer must be an alum of a Schmidt Vocal Arts program (Schmidt Vocal Competition, Schmidt Vocal Institute, Schmidt Vocal Education, or Schmidt Vocal Scholarship Recipient).
- Singer must have a valid United States Social Security Number and must be United States citizens, permanent residents, or have DACA approved status.
Applications should include:
- Proposal of study, including detailed information about chosen program, total costs, roles offered, other performance opportunities, faculty, etc. (2 pages) Please include your thoughts on how this opportunity can help further your vocal learning and career.
- Short description of experience with Schmidt Vocal Arts
- Up-to-date performance resume
- Video of 2 arias/art songs (YouTube links preferred)
- Letter of recommendation from current voice teacher, emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic financial information
- If singer is currently enrolled in high school, please provide copy of parents’ prior year’s tax return (with SSNs blacked out).
- If singer is currently enrolled in college, please provide a copy of financial aid award letter or copy of parents’ prior year’s tax return (with SSNs blacked out).
- If singer has graduated from college, provide a copy of singer’s prior year’s tax return (with SSNs blacked out).
All items should be emailed as PDF attachments in one email to email@example.com*. YouTube links should be in the body of the email. Please do not send items separately. Alternatively, applications can be mailed to: Schmidt Vocal Arts, Attn: Alumni Grant, 6 E. 5th Street, Suite 406, Covington, KY 41011.
* With the exception of your teacher’s recommendation, which should be emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidentiality.
Applications must be received by March 1, 2021.
Successful applicants will be notified by March 26, 2021.