SCHMIDT VOCAL INSTITUTE CLASSES INCLUDE:
- Private Voice Lessons
- Private Vocal Coaching
- Master Classes with Guest Faculty
- Acting Workshop
- Staged Scenes/Songs
- Connecting with the Text
- Introduction to the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Italian/German Diction
- College Auditions Workshop
- Vocal Health Clinic
- Historical Performances Class
- Alexander Technique
- Beginning Yoga
*All classes are subject to change.
REPERTOIRE FOR STUDY
To make the most of your Schmidt Vocal Institute experience, we ask that you come prepared having already learned the repertoire listed below. That way, you can polish and perfect it in your coaching and lessons.
- One Italian Song or Aria (if operatic aria, please limit to Mozart or Handel)
- One German Lied by Johannes Brahms, Franz Schubert, or Robert Schumann
- One American Song in English (Aaron Copland, Samuel Barber, Ricky Ian Gordon, Jake Heggie, among many others!)
- One Operetta Aria, Classic Music Theater Selection or American Standard (written before 1960)
- Wild Card (optional – bring your favorite classical piece!)
Partnership with Cincinnati Opera
During the Schmidt Vocal Institute singers often have the opportunity to engage with artists and creative teams from the Cincinnati Opera. We work in partnership with Cincinnati Opera to provide a glimpse into the professional opera world!
A TYPICAL DAY
Still not completely clear on what to expect? We’ll walk you through a day in the life of an SVI singer.