Modified Spring 2020 Competitions
Due to COVID-19
Due to the evolving situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the precautions being taken by many of our host institution colleges and universities to close or restrict large group events on their campuses, Schmidt Vocal Arts is cancelling its live, in-person competitions at all locations through June 21, 2020.
In addition, we are cancelling the Schmidt Vocal Education Teacher and Singer workshops scheduled for April 25, 2020 at University of Colorado, Boulder.
Modified “Virtual Submission” Model for Spring 2020 Competitions
As a result of this evolving and event-free environment, we will be implementing a modified “virtual submission” model for the canceled and remaining Spring 2020 Schmidt Vocal Competitions to allow interested young singers to still showcase their talent, earn cash awards, and become eligible for scholarships.
- To learn more about how this modified “virtual submission” model will work, please see the Overview and Competition Rules.
- To see the competition schedule and upcoming deadlines to apply to compete, please see the Modified Competition Schedule.
- Singers who have already applied, paid the application fee, and been accepted to compete in a Schmidt Vocal Competition will be asked to confirm their interest in participating under this modified model. You will receive a direct email from us (to the email provided on your application) that provides details about confirming your place in the competition.
- If you’ve not yet applied and are interested in participating in an upcoming Schmidt Vocal Competition under this modified model, you will need to go to our events portal, create an account, apply to the applicable competition “location,” and pay the application fee. Additional steps for submission will then follow. Apply Here
- If you need information about accompanist options, please click HERE.
- Tips for a good video submission.
Thank you for your continued interest in the Schmidt Vocal Arts programs. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.