Revised Schmidt Vocal Arts Covid-19 Policy
(as of July 15, 2022)
Schmidt Vocal Arts (SVA) is committed to offering safe, in-person events for the 2022-23 season. Our top priority is the safety of our singers and their families, as well as our adjudicators, pianists, and staff. Schmidt Vocal Arts strongly encourages Covid-19 vaccinations and boosters. Please note that some of our live events may require singers/attendees to be vaccinated and boosted based on host institution requirements or nature of the program.
Vaccination Requirements to attend the Schmidt Vocal Institute (SVI):
- Because of the residential nature of the Schmidt Vocal Institute, all singers, staff, and faculty must be up-to-date on Covid-19 vaccinations and booster shots (if eligible).
- According to the CDC, “You are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines when you have received all doses in the primary series and all boosters recommended for you, when eligible.”
- Schmidt Vocal Arts will require boosters according to the CDC guidance on eligibility and timing of boosters. Please see this page for more details. SVI attendees will be required to submit proof of vaccination before arrival at an event by uploading to the SVA portal.
- Test results are not a substitute for proof of vaccination and will not be accepted.
- In addition to being vaccinated and boosted, SVI singers must be willing to provide test results before arrival and submit to random testing throughout the program.
Note: Any requirements may change with updated guidance. SVA faculty and staff may be subject to additional requirements.