Revised Schmidt Vocal Arts Covid-19 Policy
(as of September 20, 2021)
Schmidt Vocal Arts is committed to offering safe, in-person events for the 2021-2022 season. Our top priority is the safety of our singers and their families, as well as our adjudicators, pianists, and staff. Therefore, Schmidt Vocal Arts is adopting best practices for indoor, arts events and will require that all people attending a live event show proof of vaccination.
- Live event attendees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving a second dose in a two-dose vaccine series or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine.
- Live event attendees will be required to submit proof of vaccination before arrival at an event.
With the persistence and current increase in COVID-19 cases in the United States, Schmidt Vocal Arts will continue to follow strict protocols at each live event. In addition to showing proof of vaccinations, people entering a live event must agree to follow these rules:
- Mask Wearing: The only exception will be when a singer is on stage and actively singing or speaking.
- Social Distancing: Please make sure to keep your distance from people not in your family bubble. This will be a handshake-free event.
- Capacity Limits: Please note that only one family member per singer is allowed to enter the recital hall. SVA reserves the right to limit the audience to judges only if the case numbers in the area of a competition worsen. The event is not open to the general public or to teachers.
- Temperature/Health Checks: At registration, all singers and accompanying family members must consent to a temperature check and complete a health questionnaire.
- Waiver of Liability: All singers and accompanying family members must sign a waiver releasing Schmidt Vocal Arts, the William E. Schmidt Foundation, and the host institution from liability in case of an infection.
If you are feeling ill, have any Covid-like symptom, or have been in recent contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. SVA will work with the singer to find an alternate location.